Creating confidence
in the building industry

For Builders

All residential builders in the Northern Territory must apply for an annual level of cover with the Master Builders Fidelity Fund before they can build houses, units or extensions for private clients.  This does not apply to commercial buildings, transportables or government contracts.

Fidelity Fund Certificates

It is the responsibility of the builder to obtain a Fidelity Fund Certificate for all homes, units or extensions worth more than $12,000.

A copy of the Certificate must be supplied to the home owner.

To get a fidelity certificate, you must

There is detailed information on the scheme on the Northern Territory Government’s Building Advisory Services site at

How to apply

Application by Owner Builder (Download PDF)

Residential Building Cover New Application Form (Download PDF)

Fidelity Fund Contribution Rates (Download PDF)

Process Sheet (Download PDF)

See stamp duty media release

FAQsFrequently asked questions by owners and builders